Saturday 20 October 2012

Frustrated - a year later.....

So here I am again.  We moved nearly a year ago and only now I am finally managing to start back blogging. Interestingly I have returned to this blog at time when my life just seems to be getting worse as far as dearest daughter (DD) is concerned. 

I am trying to keep my cool and lurch from not doing anything for her to doing everything for her - nothing appears to work.  The straw that broke me today was when I asked her (during a blazing row) "what do I do for you then?" to which the answer was a roll of the eyes and a shrug.   I had to drive out of the house for about half an hour to cool down.  Hubby doesn't help - lets it wash over his head.

She constantly surprises me with her mood swing although I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be surprised as I was once a teenager wasn't I?

Anyway it is a Saturday night and it's just me and my laptop in front of trash tv.  My 13 year old son and my husband have retreated into the other room with the dog and DD is upstairs immersing herself in DVD's after coming home from a day shopping with her friends. What frustrates me today is that I am expected to drive her to the station, pick her up, and accept that she is too tired to help me at home despite my asking, as I have had a very busy week. I work 4 days a week and so does hubby - is too much to ask for a little help sometimes?

I must apologise if my words appear a little random today but I am still quite upset.  Hey ho.  No-one ever tells you how hard it's going to be do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment