Tuesday 16 August 2016

Pre A Level Results!!

Two days to go before DD and DS learn their fate!
DD - A Level results that will decide if she makes it to Uni
DS - AS results which don't matter as he has decided to leave school and pursue and FE course

To be quite honest I'm more chilled about the whole thing than I thought I would be. DS is sorted and in my mind if DD does not make it this time round, she can always try again. I think I've got to the point in my life where I realise that there is more than one way to get to where you want to be.

DS is looking forward and getting the results are just process; something to get out of the way before going to party and then start Further Education in September.
DD is a different story - a closed book. Wants to do well in order to gain her place in Uni but quite pragmatic in the fact that may not make it and perhaps will return to school to improve her grades.

On a different note, I took DS out driving today. He has now had 9 hours driving (with a driving instructor) and what a difference that has made. He is such a confident driver, in fact it was me that made him nervous as I panicked every time he face an issue e.g small spaces, buses coming towards us, driving through small valley villages!! I am impressed with his calmness.

DS's approach to life since he has been accepted on to his chosen FE course is astonishing. He is much happier and much more confident. Why did I not realise earlier how unhappy he was in school?? Answers to follow.....
Too tired this evening after watching the Olympics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment